Thursday, November 3, 2011

Feeling Grumpy

Nothing bad happened. Maybe I was a bit more tired than usual today, but I didn't forget anything today.  No one really got on my nerves. The day came and went, probably smoother than a lot of other days this semester.  I finished Pinyin today in Chinese class... this is definitely something to be celebrated.  I ate my husband's great chili for lunch, I had good conversations with people...


...But today, I was grumpy.


I don't think anyone noticed.  I tend to just stay by myself when I'm in these moods.  But I knew I was tired, and annoyed, not any one, but just at life.  Days like today make me wish I could choose to stay home because I don't know if I did anyone good by being outside of my apartment.

On the bus back home, I checked my heart.  Is there something wrong?  Did I get enough sleep last night?  Did someone hurt my feelings?  Am I enjoying my job?  Everything seemed to check out OK... so there was only one thing to do.


Stop being grumpy!


Yes, I can choose to NOT be grumpy.  I can choose NOT to be annoyed.  I can choose to love and act selflessly, even when I do NOT feel like it.  When I got home, I could have done many things to slap a band-aid on my grumpiness.  But I knew I would just bleed out until Ben came home... and then it wouldn't be pretty from there, either.  Instead, I listened, and I learned, and I was convicted, and I prayed.   (I also slept for 20 minutes and had a bit of chocolate... those things can help, too!)  Here's some of what I watched to heal my soul from being selfish, grumpy, and annoyed.

Matt Chandler:


Beth Moore:

No comments:

Post a Comment