We did it. We completed all the bookwork to Scuba Dive. We passed the quizzes and the tests. We know all about the air pressure, the buoyancy, the emergency procedures. We know that the most important thing is to keep breathing! Unfortunately, we also know all about the dangers… what can happen to our ears, to our lungs, to our bodies if we don’t do things just right, at just the right time! I’m scared, and thrilled. I felt the same way about skiing and white water rafting… both are also dangerous, yet thrilling. I feel as if I must take these opportunities when they come! If I don’t… I may never get to do them again!
Incase you missed it, Ben and I will be going to the Philippines for two weeks in January. The trip is relatively inexpensive, and it will be a much needed time to relax. We are traveling with several others from our school, and our scuba instructor is the head principal of our school. He and his family use to live in the Philippines, so he is very familiar with the area where we will stay.
So, for a final word in Danger, here’s Seinfeld talking about skydiving. I would say that skydiving would be something I’d NEVER do, but I suppose, never say never.
No comments:
Post a Comment