| Our close friends Tim and Stacey on the island! |
In short, SCUBA diving has been a great adventure, not without its difficulties. I have learned skills such as, taking off my mask underwater, putting it back on, and “clearing it” of water by blowing out of my nose. The ‘mafan’ in all of this is getting salt water in your eyes, and boogers in your mask. Another skill is taking my breathing regulator out of my mouth, finding my emergency regulator, clearing it of water, and breathing out of it… then switching back. This, is a little panicky, and a lot salty! Despite all of the work that goes along with diving, once you get the the hang of it, it’s really fun.
| Ben and me, after our first dive in the ocean! |
![]() |
| I just got off the boat and onto the island... Incredible Experience! |
I put diving on the category of:
If I had the opportunity, I would go diving, but I wouldn’t seek it out. It’s a lot of work to find the equipment, put it together, get in the water, have fun for an hour, then come back up, get to the boat, get on the boat, and undo all of the equipment. Later, redo the equipment and all of the steps to go diving and get back on the boat, then ride back to shore, wash off all the equipment, and let it dry.
BUT....This is by far
THE MOST beautiful place
I have ever been to!
Despite all of the issues, I am very glad that I was able to take advantage of this opportunity. We were able to see so much of God's creation underneath the ocean. My favorite moment is when I was close to the bottom of the reef (about 40 feet deep), I saw a creature move along the ground. It looked almost like a lizard, but I really only saw it's eyes and feet. It was camouflaged with the sand. This was the first time that I noticed something that was not seen by anyone else. It was like God's gift to me.
| It's not a creature that I'm holding. It's a fruit. I don't remember the name,but after opening up the spiky shell, the fruit itself is clear, sweet and gummy. |
More pictures to come!
![]() |
| Like I said, if heaven were the Philippines, I'd be OK with that. |


No comments:
Post a Comment