Monday, January 23, 2012

Milking the Cow Dry


One week until school begins again.  One week until the alarm sounds at 5:15 a.m., carrying with it is the busyness, the travel, the events, the students, and the nights that end at 8:30 p.m. because we’re just too tired.  What will I do with my last week of freedom?  This is how I foresee the week:

Monday – Sleeping in, because I don’t think I’m going to sleep at all.  You see, it’s Chun Jie Eve, 12:12 a.m. right now, and fireworks are not stopping.  So, if I can sleep at all, it will be a miracle.   Monday, I’m going to finish reading Daniel, and maybe get through a couple more chapters of Catching Fire.  Ben and I are having Tim and Stacey over to make puppy chow (we found Chex cereal in the Philippines!), and we’ll have chicken noodle soup for dinner, compliments of Tim and Stacey.

Tuesday – I’m starting a new devotional book called “Feminine Appeal” highly recommended by John Piper and Mark Dever.  I never have high hopes for those kinds of books, but that kind of a recommendation made me want to pick it up.  I’ll hopefully finish Catching Fire… I have one more book in the Hunger Games series and I’d love to finish it all up by mid-February.  Ben will probably go to school to clean up his classroom, and I’ll stay home, workout and enjoy the quiet.

Wednesday – Ben and I will both go into school.  He’ll be doing prepping and planning, and I’ll devote time to answer emails and get ready for the orientation on Saturday and the trip to Beijing in just 2 weeks with the senior class. Throw some reading time in there and a workout for kicks and giggles.

Thursday – We will be watching kids most of the day!  Our married friends who also recently took a trip out of the country did not get a lot of alone time during their vacation, with a 3 year old and 1 year old with them.  So they asked us if we could watch the kids part of the day.  Besides that, there’s a movie day going on, including pancakes for breakfast and spaghetti for lunch….   I’m sure we’ll show up for that one!

Friday – There’s some type of party going on.   Probably a “say goodbye to your freedom for a while” party.  Not sure what the rest of the day will hold. Mostly relaxing, and some preparing.

Saturday – Orientation day at school.  I don’t think I’ll have too many responsibilities, but, I have several things to prepare beforehand.  It will be fun to see new high schoolers for the coming semester!

Sunday – Fellowship, out to lunch, relaxing with each other, and enjoying the last bits of vacation.  To bed EARLY to make sure my eyes will open at 5:15 on Monday morning!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this break.  I have been able to explore new places in my city, see the Philippines, enjoy one on one time with some friends, actually had time to cook and bake and clean and read and study.  Mostly, I’ve been able to spend great quality time with my husband, with whom I’ve enjoyed every moment of this vacation!

Next Vacation: Spring Break, the first week of April.   I can make it, I can make it….

No comments:

Post a Comment