There is great thing about becoming a wife in the country, state, and city that you know…
You know how to be a good home-maker.
- You know the best places to visit for a restful evening and how to get there.
- You know how to make a relaxing evening in, making the “just so right” comfort food, or even dabble into a new recipe with the most confidence.
- You know the best stores with the best deals.
- You can understand money, and use it wisely.
- You recognize the food that your husband likes, buy it, make it, and eat it.
- You know the general issues of your home, know how to fix them, or at least can easily find someone to help.
- You can be baking, sautéing, cutting, saucing, and setting the table without a defect in the kitchen or too many technical issues.
- You can clean up just nice enough without flooding the bathroom or squinting in the mirror because the lighting is so dim.
So far, none of this is possible in China.
I’m new at this.
And I feel like I’m starting over in everything.
Tomorrow (Tuesday), I’m not going into school because there isn’t too much for me to do yet. However, I’m going to be working from home. I’m going to research, pray, talk to others, and figure out a few things. I’m not perfect, and starting over is hard. It will take time figure out the best way to be a good wife in China.
Thanks for keeping us updated Amy! I'm praying for you.
ReplyDelete