Saturday, July 23, 2011

What Am I Doing?!

I jumped out of bed this morning with a leap of excitement and a To-Do List in my head.  Take a shower, pack up toiletries, get luggage in van, eat breakfast, say goodbye, fly across the country, and fly across the world.  


WHAT?  
What am I doing? 


I'd been crying on and off all week, dreading goodbyes while still screaming to finally get overseas.
We rush in the morning to get everything done, and the last season of House finally got copied over to Ben's computer.


I say a tear-filled goodbye to my mom, drive to the airport with Ben and my dad, and then find out it's $200 per extra luggage.  $600 dollars later, we're getting to security and saying anther tear-filled goodbye to my dad.


On the plane to Denver, it finally hits me.  I'll be two years older the next time I'm in the U.S. ...And I'm going to miss my family very much.  After a few jokes and a T.V. show to keep my mind occupied, I now feel excited, and less emotional.  Denver to San Francisco was a breeze.  I'm now sitting in front of our gate to fly to Beijing.  We have met our friend Warren here, and it's nice to have a familiar face around as we already feel like a minority.  Nervousness and Excitement "duke-it-out" while we patiently await our around-the-world flight!!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! :-) I'm gonna miss you even though we didn't get to hang out every day or anything. I hope God blesses you in every thing you do! We won't forget about you here in the states! Just don't stay away too long. ;-)

    Jason Gatlin

    ReplyDelete