Just kidding, two posts in an hour... I'm reading various interesting things, so I can't help but share it with you.
I am reading through a particularly heavy section of my Bible study. The study is all about the glory of the gospel, which dives into Paul's letter to the Galatians. As I read these questions that I have posted below, I hesitated writing answers down in my book. Sometimes writing seems so permanent.
These questions are not likely ones that you'd like to dwell on. Quite possibly, no one has asked you these questions before. However, given time and thought, thinking through your answers may reveal many sins and idols that are hiding just beneath the surface. What a beautiful thing to allow God into that space that even you yourself may not really have delve into before.
What is my greatest nightmare? What do I worry about most?
What, if I failed or lost it, would cause me to feel that I did not even want to live?
What do I rely on or comfort myself with when things go bad or get difficult?
What do I think most easily about? How do I preoccupy myself?
What prayer, unanswered, would make me seriously think about turning away from God?
No comments:
Post a Comment