The food she made was a wide variety and most of which I had never tried or seen before. But I tried everything on the table... except what Ben is holding here....
Close Up!
There was many dishes of sea food. GaLa - Which are clams or oysters, are a really good dish, that I have eaten at restaurants before. Hers were tastey, but a bit of sand in the mix. ;)
And then there was fish. I tried, although Ben's TA knows I don't like fish. It had a nice texture, and didn't smell fishy. Therefore, I liked it.
After the lunch, Ben and I went down to the harbor and met Damian to go sailing! This is our first time sailing and Qingdao, and it was a beautiful day for it! Here are some pictures of our fabulous time out in the sea!
Explaining the rules of the boat.

Just get on the boat without falling in the water. That's the goal.
.... Made it!
Ben, looking all serious as we leave the harbor. Below he is steering. We found out quickly that he is very good at it...
and I am not. :)
Joel, Damian, and Ben,
hanging out while the wind is perfectly taking us where we want to go.
Making faces at the camera while Naomi (Joel's Wife) and I chat about her Chinese classes. The sun begins to drop, and the wind chills a bit; the late afternoon is just perfect for being out on the water
"Er, where are you going?"
"I don't really know."
"Well, you see that wall ahead of us?"
"...Yeah..."
"Let's not hit it."
"Good plan."
What a blessing to enjoy such a lovely day!










No comments:
Post a Comment