Thursday, July 5, 2012

Grief

I experienced extreme moments of sadness today, mixed with busyness and mind-numbing activities.  I'm filled with thoughts today--none are congruent, nothing is fully developed, and little is on the same topic.  My thoughts take me to different places and various moods.  To be around people is a chore. To use my brain in Chinese class is exhausting. To sleep is precious. To be lazy is desired, just as much as busyness gives purpose.  I have never felt this way before, at least not to this degree.  I suppose this is grief.

Even in this moment, I must acknowledge Christ, because in a world of change and hurt, He is the only true Constant.  And in this moment, I must pray.   Even when I'm not sure how to pray.  Or what to pray.

"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment