“No one gets holy by accident,” is a phrase pastor Matt
Chandler uses often in his sermons. Even
though I know this to be true, I still often live my life in waiting— waiting
to become holy—rather than taking action when God is calling me to.
I’m currently on a 90 day Journey with Paul (via Beth
Moore). So far, the study has been
so-so, mostly because I’m on vacation and my lazy mode is in high gear. However, this morning’s study proved to be
helpful and convicting.
I read Acts 5 about Gamaliel, who stopped the Pharisees from
killing the apostles and said, “Keep away from these men and let them alone,
for if this plan or this undertaking is of man, it will fail; but if it is of
God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You might even be found opposing
God!”
I was asked to consider who has spoken into my life, and
what I respect about them, and who has given me godly advice. There were many people that rushed my
memories, many moments I was guided in the right direction, many faults that
had to be uncovered and the difficult conversations that ensued. Honesty, Willingness, & Obedience
are the three words that came up out of what I respected about those people.
I saw it beneficial for me to take a moment to meditate on
the all the good works the Lord has done in my life, and all the godly people
who have spoke to my heart and soul. I
pray I become like them, because they are like my Lord.
So, may you reflect in similar ways…
- Who are some people who have greatly influenced your life, and what do you respect about them?
- Name one or two of the best pieces of godly advice you have received? What has God enabled you to do (or protected you from doing) as a result of knowing and applying this?
No comments:
Post a Comment