Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ephesians


Last weekend, I decided to spend this semester memorizing the book of Ephesians.  It is a bit much to think about, but 5 months with a Sabbath day every week should be plenty to work through at least 5-10 verses a week.  Throughout the class that I have just finished, the professor spoke often of using Ephesians as a way to counsel people.  In his words, you could counsel someone effectively and biblically just by using the book of Ephesians.  I thought that was worth paying attention to.

I’ve been very convicted about how I spend my time. 
  • How much time do I spend getting ready in the mornings?
  • How much time do I spend looking at a screen?
  • How much time do I spend worrying about something related to work?
  • How much time do I spend talking about nothing? 

                          Vs.
  • How much time to do spend meditating on and memorizing Scripture?
  • How much time do I spend loving my husband and friends in tangible ways?
  • How much time do I spend praying for those people and situations that worry me?
  • How much time do I spend encouraging, admonishing, and speaking truth to others?

Please pray with me that my time is used wisely, that I learn and apply what I memorize, and that God-honoring change happens in my heart and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment